Welcome to the Salisbury to Exeter Rail Users Group (SERUG)
We are an independent lobbying group aimed at improving rail services on the London Waterloo to Exeter line.
.We have now expanded our activities and cover all the intermediate stations between Salisbury and Exeter, where the current infrastructure severely restricts service and line speed improvements. The stations we cover are: Tisbury, Gillingham, Templecombe, Sherborne, Yeovil Junction, Crewkerne, Axminster, Honiton, Feniton, Whimple, Cranbrook, and Pinhoe.
We are currently lobbying for:
- Increasing services between Yeovil Junction and Waterloo to 2 trains per hour throughout the day
- Ability to join and split trains at Yeovil Junction – enabling a wider range of journey opportunities
- Newer, faster and longer trains to replace the current class 158 and 159 diesel units
- Later evening trains from Waterloo (Monday to Saturday)
- Increased capacity west of Yeovil to enable more services and support resilience for Great Western diversions
To see our current objectives in more detail, please click here or select it from the menu above.. We are not funded by any commercial rail operators or rail based organisations (such as Network Rail). We lobby independently for service and infrastructure improvements that will benefit the travelling public. We also work closely with Local Community Rail Partnerships and other transport-focused groups with whom we share common goals. SERUG is affiliated to Railfuture
We hope you find this site useful.
SERUG welcomes your support and feedback. If you would like to receive regular updates (newsletters, details of events, etc), please see the Membership section on this site or email email@example.com